Materials for Students
Online Ear Training and Theory Resources
Unit 1- To go with Beginner Reading Worksheet
1. Note Identification
2. Note Construction
3. Keyboard Note Identification
4. Staff to Keyboard Identification
Unit 2- Intervals
5. Interval Ear Training
6. Interval Identification on Staff
7. Interval Construction on Staff
8. Interval Identification on Piano
Unit 3- Chords
9. Chord Identification
10. Chord Construction on Staff
11. Chord Identification on Piano
12. Chord Identification Ear Training
Beginner Ear Training Tape
Mimi Zweig's Ear Training Tape
To be played at breakfast every day with beginning students.
Rhythm Transcription Games
1. Teoria Transcription Game
There are lots of customizable options to adjust difficulty levels, but at first just scroll to the bottom and click "OK."
2. The Rhythm Trainer
Another rhythm transcription game that can go from very easy to very hard. The Rhythm Trainer requires Flash Player.
Free Sheet Music
IMSLP.com is a site where you can view, download, and print public domain sheet music for free.
Downloads for my beginning students
1. Rudiments of Violin Playing
2. Violin Harmony for Beginners (More content available to current students)